2. Kptoun-Idris’s Ramadan message to Nigerians was contained in a statement signed by the Force Public Relation Officer, Mr Jimoh Mushood and made available to newsmen on Friday in Abuja.
3. He added that there was need for all Nigerians to seize the opportunity brought by the fasting to pray for the county’s unity and for peace to reign.
“Muslims and other Nigerians should use this period to pray fervently for Buhari’s safe return to enable him deliver good governance he has started.
4. He implored all adherents of Islamic faith in Nigeria to take advantage of this year’s Ramadan fasting to offer special prayers for our leaders to seek God’s solution to the current nation challenges.
5. According to him, “Muslims faithful across the country should use this period to pray fervently for greater peace, security, unity and to as well seek God’s intervention in tackling the myriad of socio-economic challenges confronting the nation”.
6. Kpotun-Idris said that fasting period is an era of sober reflection which gives Muslims opportunity to move closer to God and seek His face in supplication and prayers.
7. He noted that Fasting is not mere abstinence from food, drink and worldly pleasures alone, but a time to seek Allah’s power through prayers to be able to faithfully carry out the transcendent injunctions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SWT) who was sent by Almighty Allah to show humanity the way of holiness, peace and brotherly kindness.
8. The police Chief urged Muslims to use the Ramadan period to re-evaluate their lives in the light of Islamic guidance in the interest of peace and National development, adding that Ramadan is much more than just not eating and drinking.
9. Kpotun-Idris called on Nigerians especially youths to be law abiding and respect the constituted authority in the interest of peace and for the country to move forward.
10. The police boss also called on Nigerians to live in peace and tolerate one another irrespective of ethnic, religious and political affiliation for the overall development of the country.
11. Kpotun-Idris added also that the fasting period presented a platform for moral cleaning and to appreciate Allah’s abundant blessings, goodwill, protection and guidance over the years and urged the Muslims to adhere strictly to the tenets of Ramadan to get Allah’s favour and blessings here and in the hereafter.
12. “I want to use this medium to enjoin Muslims faithful in the country to re-dedicate themselves to service of God Al-mighty during this Holy month of Ramadan in order to ensure peace and National development”, he said.
CSP Jimoh O. Moshood
Force Public Relations Officer,
Feel Free To Comments Here…